Sunday, February 21, 2010

Salsa Fresca

Fresh Salsa from the garden is a wonderful addition to any Mexican meal. Try it with home made chips, or on your favorite Mexican meal.
Fresca is Spanish for Fresh. Try to use as many ingredients out of your garden as possible. This should be light and full of the beautiful flavors of spring.
6 med tomatoes (diced)
1 med onion finely diced
1 jalapeno seeded/de-veined and diced
Juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime(to taste, I like mine tangy)
1/4 C chopped cilantro
1 roasted Hatch or Pablano chili diced fine (or 3 Tablespoons canned) (they fresh roast them in front of the market by my house, I just can't resist the smell!)
1/2  teaspoon ground cumin
Simply mix all ingredients, add a little salt as needed and serve.
I like to put all the ingredients into a bowl, mix it together then put it back on my chopping block and chop it all up really fine.  I don't really like big chunks, but make it how you like it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment