Friday, March 5, 2010

Pancake Batter

My little man and I have a weekend ritual. We always have breakfast at least once during our weekend together (which is usually friday to monday). I make the batter and he cooks the bacon and pancakes.  So I have been fiddling with pancake batter for a year now, trying to get it perfect. I've tried many recipes from different sites and cook books and I didn't like them. So in the end I always end up trying my own again and I've finally perfected them! Yah!
Next time I make them I'll take pics.
Makes 16 large pancakes.
3 C. Flour
3 Tablespoons Baking Soda (sounds like a lot but it works out perfect)
1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 Tablespoons Sugar
Mix well
In separate bowl mix:
3 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
4 Cups Milk (or butter milk if you like)
Add to dry ingredients and then add :
3 Tablespoons melted butter
The batter will be pretty thick, so I usually let it set for 10 mins or so then stir again.

No comments:

Post a Comment